MEET DR. WRIGHT
Mary Jo Wright
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Mary Jo Wright has more than 20 years of experience with surgical procedures and specializes in reconstructives urgery for patients throughout El Paso, TX. She graduated from Vanderbilt University with a Bachelor of Science in Molecular Biology and later graduated from St. Louis School of Medicine. Upon completion of her graduate education, Dr. Wright went on to several fellowships across the country in multiple fields. She has joined several professional medical societies and has built her reputation and credibility for surgical precision.
In addition to her formal education and fellowships, Dr. Wright served two tours in Iraq as an Army Commander for a Forward Surgical Team with a rank promotion to COL. As a result of her experiences in trauma care surgery, Dr. Wright works well under extreme pressure and discovered her passion for helping others to regain a confident self-image after life- and body-alering traumas.
Dr. Wright has formerly held positions as Associate Professor of Surgery, Chief of Breast Surgery, and Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center. After establishing herself in El Paso, TX, Dr. Wright ahs dedicated her career ot restoring women’s physiques after undergoing breast biopsies, partial breast removals, breast mastectomies, and other similar procedures. She implements her eperise in breast reconstruction to help women restore their self-image, regain confidence and feel whole again.
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Surgery
- Trauma/Critical Care Surgery, UT Southwestern at Dallas
- Breast Surgery, Memorial Sloan-Kettering in New York
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Tulane University Health Sciences Center
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Breast Diseases
- American Society of Breast Surgery
- American Association for Surgery of Trauma
- Society of Surgical Oncologists
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Texas Medical Association
- El Paso County Medical Society
- State of Texas Medical Board
- State of Louisiana Medical Board